The Demo Program Details and FAQ:
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Anyone who is done reading techy bicycle media reviews, and just wants to decide for themselves.
- Folks who are genuinely interested in purchasing a new bike within the next several months.
- Local customers with whom we can enjoy establishing a solid relationship
WHAT IS AVAILABLE TO DEMO?
- A wide range of fantastic road and off-road bicycles from incredible brands like Specialized, Ibis, Yeti, Santa Cruz, Bianchi, and Surly.
- Sizes in most models ranging from XS through XL.
- Road, adventure, city, full-suspension, and Hardtail bikes.
- Bikes made from steel, aluminum, and definitely carbon fiber!
- Daily rates of only $60, or $135 for a full weekend, Friday to Monday for hardtail mtb, road, or adventure bikes.
- Daily rates of only $100 ($50 for a 1/2 day), or $250 for a full weekend, Friday evening to Monday morning for full suspension mountain bikes.
WHERE CAN I RIDE?
- Riders with tight schedules have access to the Theo Wirth trail system within 5-10 minutes' drive from the shop, as well as the Cedar Lake Trail, which gives access to the local trail system and all of the roads you'd like to explore in the Metro area.
- 24-hour demo periods allow you to take the bike just about wherever you wanna ride.
- Bike parks days happen, but please be advised of our damage policy before sending that nasty kicker.
WHEN ARE DEMO BIKES AVAILABLE TO PICK UP OR RETURN?
- Demos can be picked up and returned during our seasonal business hours.
- Demos must be returned within 12/24 hours of the time they were picked up, unless scheduled for a full weekend. There will likely be someone scheduled right after you.
WHY SHOULD I DO THE OOOBS DEMO PROGRAM?
- Modern road and mountain bikes are designed to perform optimally in demanding conditions. Parking lot test rides won't cut it.
- Substantial variation among frame geometry significantly affect your levels comfort and control on a given bike.
- It's hard to understand frame geometry without riding several different bikes in real-life conditions.
- Suspension technology can be really confusing. You should just ride it.
- Just because you like the way it looks, doesn't mean it's the best bike for you. Sorry.
- OOOBS staff really, honestly want you to be 100% sure about the bike you are buying.
- Worst case scenario, you'll have a lot of fun riding some bikes around.
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
- Call, email or stop by the shop and talk to one of our staff. We can decide together if this is the right thing for you. [612.371.9565]
- We'll discuss options for bikes to ride, and places to ride them, and we'll come up with a plan.
- Sign our waiver, submit photocopies of Credit card and ID in-store, and get set up on the bike.
- Plan at least 7-10 days ahead for all demo reservations. Especially in the busy summer months.
- Weigh yourself with all your standard riding gear on (if that's not too weird) - this will help with suspension setup.
- Measure your seat height and memorize this number. This can speed up, and create consistency in the bike set-up process.
- Know what kind of pedals you prefer, and we'll likely have a pair for demo so you can leave yours at home.
- Never ride soft, muddy, or wet trails. We take this quite seriously.
- Have a plan for safe transportation and storage of demo bikes while they are in your possession.
- Bring your own helmet - just because it probably fits you nice. We have helmets though. Don't stress.
- Understand that we must limit demo program duration to 60 days in order to be effective
- Know that bikes purchased within 60 days of purchasing the demo program will be discounted by the cost of the demo program.
If there is anything that is still unclear, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help!