This week we're splitting into two groups, one will be heading to the Theo Wirth MTB trails for some off-road action, the other will be doing the great Coon Rapids Dam route we did a few weeks back. We will be leaving the shop at 6:30 per usual, and rolling to the Brownie Lake trailhead. From there, MTBers will hit the dirt, and the road riders will continue on through Theo Wirth Park and Victory Pkwy up to the river and on to the dam. The dirt ride is designed for mountain bikes, or if you're confident, CX bikes, so use your best judgement there, remember, you're responsible for you.
This ride is open to ALL cyclists of ANY ability. We want you to feel free to ride at your own pace on the trails, there will be no pressure to keep up with the group, as there will be riders of many skill levels present.
After riding, we will all roll to Fulton Brewing for beers, so whether you're out on the road or the trails, come enjoy a cold one with us after the rides!
Here are the details:
- Meet at One On One Bicycle Studio at 6pm.
- Bikes can go on the racks out in front of the shop, or on the racks in the alley. NO BIKES INSIDE.
- If you need service, you can inquire at the alley entrance per usual.
- Rollout will be at 6:30pm sharp.
- This will be a NO DROP RIDE. There will be a designated group leader and sweeper to make sure we stay together.
- This is not a race. We will be keeping things to a conversational pace around 15-17mph.
- Bring a friend, a group of friends, or your whole work department! This ride is designed to build community and get people out riding. #basemiles
- This goes without saying, but don't be an asshole, we'll ask you to leave.
- If you're not riding the whole way with us, want to drop off at any point, or really want to get to the bar early, we're going to be finishing at Fulton around 8:30, so we'll see you there!
- Take advantage of our daily happy hour for $1 off espresso drinks at the café before we roll out!
- BRING LIGHTS. It will be dark by the time we finish up. You will not be allowed to roll out with us if you do not have a light.
- If you need service, need to purchase a light, some riding gear, a spare tube, etc. please arrive early. We will be rolling out at 6:30 and will not be waiting.
- You're responsible for your own supplies and maintenance should you have a flat tire, etc. while on the ride. Come prepared.
Please feel free to ask us any questions on the page below or you can shoot us a message. This is an open event, so feel free to invite friends.